Ads 468x60px

Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fruit of Your Choice Cobbler

I meant to blog about this one the first I tried it, but forgot. I am making it again "as we speak" and can't let you guys miss out on it anymore! Read on... you'll be surprised at how easy and delicious this is!

You can use just about any fruit in this cobbler from frozen or fresh berries of any kind to fresh or canned peaches. The first time I made this, I used half bottled peaches and half frozen blueberries (which was an AMAZING combination). Tonight, it's just blueberries because I'm out of peaches. Wish I had some raspberries!!

Fruit of Your Choice Cobbler



INGREDIENTS:
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup milk
* 2 cups of sliced fresh peaches or nectarines, or whole blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries or a combination of fruits
* 1 tablespoon sugar


DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put butter in an 8-inch square pan; set in oven to melt. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
3. Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Add milk; whisk to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan over melted butter, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tb. of sugar followed by crumb topping (see below) if using.
4. Bake until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.


OPTIONAL CRUMB TOPPING:
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 3 tablespoons softened butter

DIRECTIONS:
1. Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon, then add butter and blend all together using a fork. Place mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes so butter can stiffen up and the mixture can become "crumby".

1 comments:

Marcee said...

Hey Kar, I just made this and Oh My Goodness!!! I wasn't watching it that close so it got a little too brown on top. But I let it cool for a minute and took a bit of it, and it was fantastic. I think the browness was just the brown sugar, just it didn't taste burnt just caramelized! I made Sharona strawberry and ours is strawberry and peach. Can't wait to have it tonight with whip cream. Thanks again for the awesome recipe!