Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Go-to Chicken Salad

Whenever I have some leftover chicken breasts needing to be used, this is one of my favorite salads to whip up. It's quick, easy, and delicious. AND, I love that I can make it ahead of time for a quick fix later on.

Ingredients:

4 cups cubed chicken (cooked)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 cups Craisans
1 cup chopped celery
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup minced green bell pepper
1 cup chopped pecans (candied pecans are a DELICIOUS choice)
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
black pepper to taste

Mix everything together in a large bowl, adding the chicken last. Chill for about an hour, then serve on bread, croissant rolls, or in pita pockets.

1 comments:

staub cookware said...

Great idea! I never know what to do with my chicken leftovers and I end up throwing them (which is terrible). Since I decided that this year I'm going to be a little bit more frugal this will definitely be on my menu.