Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

EASY Green Chile Chicken Tacos

Every time I go to Costco (every couple weeks), I purchase a rotisserie chicken for us to have for dinner that night. We eat the dark meat, then I save the chicken breasts to use in another meal. The following recipe is something I threw together in an attempt to use up some left over chicken breasts. It is fast, easy, and DELICIOUS!

Green Chile Chicken Tacos

4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 bottle of 505 Green Chile Sauce (pictured so you know what to look for)

Mix your chicken and sauce and heat through. I like to add about a tablespoon of cumin and a tablespoon of chili powder or taco seasoning for an added punch of flavor.

This is it for your taco filling. It will look like this...

Now just assembly your tacos! I LOVE buying raw corn tortillas and cooking them myself. I've only seen them at Costco. If you can't find them, of course, use the regular precooked corn tortillas. Heat them through so they are more pliable and less likely to break. We like to top ours with cheese, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, salsa, and a squirt of lime juice.

The amount of chicken filling you'll end up with could easily feed a family of 4 twice. My babies don't really eat these with us, so it usually feed us 4 times.

We love using this chicken filling in omelets and on nachos too!!

On a side note, I have to give props to our new favorite salsa. El Sol Salsa from Costco. We go through about 2 of these babies a month in our house!
Mmmmm.... I'm totally craving it now.

0 comments: