Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Classic Guacamole Dip



We LOVE guacamole dip... I pick up a bag of avocados every time I go to Costco, so we are eating guacamole every couple of weeks. I've found this simple recipe is easy and delicious!! Here's a little tip that I learned on the Today Show - save the avocado pit after you've removed it from the avocado. When you are finished making the dip, throw a pit or two in and it helps stop the browning process. I've tried it and found that is does help. It doesn't stop it completely, but it will keep that pretty green color alive an extra couple days.


INGREDIENTS

* 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
* 1 lime, juiced
* 1 teaspoon salt, more if desired for taste
* 1/2 cup diced onion (I prefer red for guacamole)
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 chopped tomatoes
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.

1 comments:

Emily said...

I am excited to try this!