Ads 468x60px

Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Super easy Toasted Garlic Dipping Oil

Have you been to Johnny Carino's? Or Carraba's? They serve you warm focaccia bread with a seasoned olive oil for dipping. I LOVE the toasted garlic that they add to the oil. I decided to give it a go tonight...

My take on Toasted Garlic Dipping Oil:

Chopped up about 2 tablespoons of garlic, salt it, then place it on a piece of foil that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. You can use a baking sheet, but I used the foil just because I could toss it when I was done (I'm a no-fuss kind of gal). Stick the piece of foil in a 400 degree oven for 5 - 8 minutes, until the garlic has a nice golden color. Stir it around once in the middle of that time so pieces aren't browned too much on the bottom.

Remove the foil o' garlic from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. In that time, mix in a small bowl 1/2 cup olive oil, and a 1/4 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and thyme. Stir together with a fork, then add your garlic. Done!

I LOVE Rosemary Focaccia as a dipping bread, but you can use any kind of bread you want. If you aren't sure what to get, ask someone at the bakery in the store. They'll know. Also, when you find your bread, if it isn't already slice, ask them to do it for you! They'll be happy to...

I must go now - the smell of garlic is calling my name.

0 comments: